The Rockhopper has a 30+ year history of doing just about everything most people would want to do on a mountain bike.
$620 and up
Why you will like this bike
Mountain bikes are known for their versatility, but this model is for the person who pursues the trails more than any other terrain. A light, capable, and reliable bike makes cruising open fire roads, attacking stretches of flowing singletrack, or just kicking around town that much more fun. The Rockhopper has done this—and more—for years with quality and performance at a good value.
Why we like this bike
- Fully butted M4 alloy frame for lightweight confidence over the roughest trails
- Custom-tuned SR Suntour suspension fork with hydraulic damping, lockout with lightweight magnesium lowers and alloy steerer delivers the supple ride qualities of a high-end fork
- Light and durable double-walled alloy rims are tough enough to handle the rough stuff
- Specialized Captain Sport tires lend a perfect knob pattern for diverse conditions
- SR Suntour replaceable-ring crankset uses Shimano's Octalink-splined BB interface for reliable power transfer
- Avid BB5 mechanical disc brakes with 160mm G2 Clean Sweep rotors for controlled stopping power in any condition
- SRAM X5 rear derailleur and X4 trigger shifters deliver sure-fire gear changes